Government of India U. T. of Lakshadweep ECI

  • Q.1 I have shifted my residence recently. How do I ensure that I am enrolled in my new place of residence and my name is deleted from the old place?
  • Ans. In case new residence is in the same constituency please fill form 8A otherwise form 6 and submit to ERO (ADM) or AERO (SDO/ASDO/Dc Minicoy) of the area of your new residence.
  • Q.2 I have shifted my residence recently. I have Photo ID Card with the old address. Can I get new I Card for the present address?
  • Ans .First of all please ensure that you have enrolled your self in the Electoral Roll of the concerned Island, where you are now residing procedure is given as in ans no.1. Subsequently, changes will be made in existing Identity Card by pasting new address on the back side of the card.
  • Q.3 My old I Card is defective. I would like to have a new I Card with correct particulars. What is the procedure?
  • Ans. You can get your I Card rectified by depositing it in the Office of the ERO concerned or at Photography center when the work of preparation of Photo ID card begins.
  • Q.4 I do not have a ration card. Can I get enrolled without a ration card? What are the other documents, which I can show as proof of my residence?
  • Ans. Ration Card is not necessary, however you can show any other proof of residence like Passport, Bank Pass Book, Driving license etc. or any Govt. document to facilitate the work of registration. Proof of residence is not necessary.
  • Q.5 I am a tenant and my landlord does not want me to get enrolled. How can I get enrolled as a voter?
  • Ans . To get enrolled in the voter list is your fundamental right. Please check the Electoral role of your area at ERO/AERO office. If your name is not included please fill up Form 6 and deposit it with the ERO./AERO.
  • Q.7 I will be attaining the age of 18 on 1.1.2002. What proof do I need to show to get enrolled?
  • Ans. You can submit the proof of Date of Birth from the authorized agency (Passport, Matric certificate, Date of Birth certificate etc.)

  • Q.8. When I fill up Form 4, should I attach proof of my residence with Form 4?
  • Ans. It is not necessary but if you attach a proof of residence, this will help early verification of the particulars given by you.

  • Q.9. When I fill up Form 4, should I attach proof of my residence with Form 4?
  • Ans. The special compaign are run for preparation of I card from time to time. The schedule & designated locations are published through News papers and are available on website. I card are prepaired on contineous basis in the office of Jt CEO/DC of your area.

  • Q.10 Enumerator has visited my house and taken down the detailes. How do i ensure that my name is finally included in the electoral rolls ?
  • Ans. He must have handed over to you record of Enumeration, which is your acknowledgement. You can check your name in the draft roll, which will be published and available at the office of the ERO concerned to confirm that your name exists in the roll.

  • Q.11 Please give me details of my Polling Station and Assembly Constituency. Who do I contact to get these details?
  • Ans. This would be possible only when you tell your complete address at the reception/enquiry. The details of the polling station can obtained from the respective AERO (SDO/ASDO) of your Island .

  • Q.12 I have lost my old I Card. How can I get a new I Card?
  • Ans. You can deposit a copy of FIR lodged at the Police Station. You will get a new I Card after deposit Rs. 25.for details Newspapers, in Jt CEO/DC office then cards are made throught the year. You can contact AERO (SDO/ASDO) of your Island .

  • Q.13 Who supervises the election work in a State?
  • Ans. The Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) supervises the election work related to Assembly and Parliament elections. As per section 13A of the Representation of the People Act 1950, read with section 20 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951, the Chief Electoral Officer of a State/Union Territory is authorised to supervise the election work in the State/Union Territory subject to the overall superintendence, direction and control of the Election Commission.

  • Q.14 Who appoints the Chief Electoral Officer?
  • Ans. The Election Commission of India (ECI) .
    The Election Commission of India nominates or designates an Officer of the Government of the State/Union Territory as the Chief Electoral Officer in consultation with that State Government/Union Territory Administration.

  • Q.15 Who supervises the election work in a District?
  • Ans. The District Election Officer.
    As per section 13AA of the Representation of the People Act 1950, subject to the superintendence, direction and control of the Chief Electoral Officer, the District Election Officer supervises the election work of a district.